Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 55 from France:
Sudden Change In Plans

Shaboom sends us her update from Paris Normandy and beyond...

We had breakfast in Les Bayeux before we headed to the beaches made famous by the Americans in WWII...


I walked around the American Cemetary all the while thinking of Sergeant Major and wrote about it a little HERE.











As you may have noticed, since Karen and I each take a day to post one calendar day in our experiment, it'll take us a year to post 6 months. For example, Monday I posted my day 54 experience, and Tuesday was Karen's day 54 post. So at this point, we're still only posting about our experience in late April.

Having said that, when my parents were visiting, some crazy Icelandic volcanoes decided to erupt without checking with me first! Therefore, my parents were stranded. A-HA!!! All just part of my plan to get more of these extravagant all-expenses-paid meals.

But seriously, my parents realized that it would be nearly a week before all the airports would re-open and more weeks after that before all the canceled flights during the airport closures could possibly be corrected. They decided they didn't want to wait that long to get home and so the solution ended up being that I would drive them back up north - even though it would probably take about 24 hours each way.

We went to Caen and had lunch at McDonald's while we popped out our laptops and used their free wifi to plan our last-minute detour.



By bedtime, we were somewhere in Germany.


Don't know what a BiFi roll is but it looked something like a beef jerky hot pocket that you don't heat up.


Below the RedBull Cola, you see ORANGE COLA. I wonder if that tastes as gross as it sounds - I mean, lemon and lime Coke is delicious!




I neither ate nor bought any of the above photographed crazy German convenience store products. But I REEEAAALLLLY wanted to.

1 comment:

  1. Did the midget version of the Pillsbury Doughboy make that croissant you had for breakfast? I ask because here in the US, they are usually as big as your head.

    ReplyDelete