Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 4: What Do I Do With 20 Pounds Of Tomatoes? Share


Tomatoes, Basil, Burrata Cheese With A Little Olive Oil


Today, Tish came over to write, so around lunchtime I threw this together.  Perfect on a hot day in Burbank, I love the Burrata Cheese in place of Mozzarella, so creamy it melts in your mouth. Hours later Tish left with a bag of tomatoes, just as my little guy's play date arrived. I made a plate of this for our guests and everything was gone in minutes. 

Hubby took a bag of tomatoes to our neighbors and tomorrow I'm taking some to my friend, Lisa. 

I figured I'd be done by tomorrow but then Hubby told me to go look in our backyard garden. I found a huge volunteer tomato plant with about 40 green tomatoes on it! 

I have so many more ideas for tomatoes. I want to make bbq sauce, a French tart, stuffed tomatoes, fried green tomatoes!....


Mmmm I'm hungry now. 

3 comments:

  1. I love tomatoes on black bread. With mayo or without. Maybe with salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read every single line of your blog and loved it. I hope it will continue! You both are awesome. Please, keep posting...

    ReplyDelete