Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 69 from France:
Technical Difficulties

Shaboom sends us her update from Paris...

My computer won't work at all. I tried calling the hotline all day yesterday but due to the holiday in France, it was no use. So I tried the USA hotline - after business hours. So I tried Japan and Australia - no luck.

I ate a pineapple yogurt and drank a cup of coffee quick style and sprang into action. Computer, check. External hard drive #1 & #2, check. Purse, check. ID, check. Metro pass, check. Off to the Apple Store at the Louvre. I couldn't get through to them on the phone and they weren't taking appointments over the internet. I showed up without an appointment. Bad move. They couldn't see me. All that walking and with my heavy bag up and down all those stairs... for nothing.

I went to a café and had a kir. I met up with a friend and walked around some more in the rain ...with my heavy computer bag. I came home and took care of some phone calls in order to try and sort out this crazy apartment business of mine in Los Angeles. I think I'm going to have to jump on a plane in the next couple of days to go take care of it. It's kind of hard to buy plane tickets though without a computer!

I ate a mango for dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment