Monday, November 28, 2011

French Skinny by Christmas

Cherry Tomatoes & Heirloom Tomatoes
 4 days of Thanksgiving indulgence has left me wanting needing to go back to the French Skinny lifestyle.
The French Skinny lifestyle that is fast, efficient and delicious. 

Sweet Basil
 Saturday morning's Farmers Market was fantastic. 
I picked up some fresh herbs. 

Sprouts
 Different kinds of sprouts.


Peas
 Threw it all together and it looks like this.


Half a cup of dry Red Quinoa cooked with vegetable broth instead of water.
Add tomatoes, onion, sweet basil, sprouts, peas, mung beans, pine nuts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and cayenne pepper.
Garlic quark on top.  (Goat cheese is wonderful mixed in as well.)


 All of these out of a half a cup of quinoa! I packed them in their own little containers and popped them in the fridge. I don't have to think about what I'll have for lunch all week. (Except to drool)
This might seem a little monotonous to you but I crave this stuff. It's super healthy and ready to go.

You can eat it cold but I like mine hot. 




Fresh mint and lemon for my sparkling water. 

I'm having tea with almond milk instead of half and half.

Walking at least 2 miles a day.


Let's get French Skinny by Christmas!

4 weeks to go. 






No comments:

Post a Comment