Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Salmon Sashimi

Salmon Sashimi with carrots and green onions

I know we are all getting ready for Turkey Day  but I wanted to share my first attempt at Salmon Sashimi. I watched a few videos on how to cut the salmon and gave it a whirl. I've learned it's all about the fish. I found a fish guy at the Farmer's Market. He has fresh water and salt water salmon. This is fresh water. Not as lean as salt water but tastes like butter. 

I cut the salmon skin off and fried it up for crispy salmon skin rolls. They were gone before I could take a picture. 

My technique needs some work and the rice was a disaster but the salmon was fantastic.

It's official. One night a week is sushi/sashimi night. I'm thinking long about Saturday we'll be tired of Turkey and want something different.

And now......back to Turkey Day.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment