Friday, December 16, 2011

Leek, Carrot and Ginger Broth


This weekend I have 6 parties to go to. Holiday parties, dessert parties, cookie parties.......whew! I also have a kid that is getting over being sick so I might not make any of them. When I went to the store for chicken noodle soup supplies I found these beautiful leeks, carrots and ginger. I came home and made a giant batch of broth. This will be breakfast lunch and dinner in between parties or not.

In a big pot:
Leeks cut and washed. (Just use the white part)
Carrots cut and washed. (Carrot tops given to very grateful bunny who lives next door)
Ginger sliced.
One bouillon cube.
Cayenne pepper.
Cover everything with water and get to a boil. Then cover and turn down to simmer. I cooked mine for about 3 hours. Just keep tasting. Then I strained everything through a fine mesh colander.

Party on my friends.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I went to store, bought the ingredients, made it, loved it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! I love when it works out deliciously.

    xoxo
    Karen

    ReplyDelete