Friday, February 17, 2012

Down and Dirty

Shaboom sends us her update from Paris, France :

I spent the afternoon and evening yesterday near Opéra Garnier. It started with an appointment at the Apple Store which is normally a pleasure. But no one seems to care that I can use my iPhone for all it's functions EXCEPT the standard phone. I cannot talk on my iPhone unless I'm using Facetime or Skype. So you see, there's nothing wrong with the speaker or microphone. I went to my cell phone provider who sent me to Apple. And that back and forth is always fun. Apple didn't test anything, the Genius just sort of looked at my phone and said it's probably the antenna, needs to be replaced and that will cost me over $200. I said HELL NO.

I was already in a bad mood, Cashew had been intensely stalking me already via email all day and it was starting to get mean and spiteful. Radio silence radio silence radio silence radio silence... I had to walk around mumbling it to myself like a mantra in order to not respond to him. But I'm stubborn, and if I haven't responded all this month, why would I respond now?!

Then he sent an email to SexySultry and all hell broke loose. She was having a bad day and called him out on his impoliteness and bad behavior. It quickly escalated into a full-blown knock down drag out and I was powerless to stop it.

All night long I lay in bed, as I often do, with millions of thoughts running through my head keeping me awake.

From 2am-3am, I had my eyes closed and lay on my side. 3am-4am, lie down on couch in living room and stare at the laundry which is probably already dry on the rack. I could be folding it instead of battling insomnia. 4am-5am, get tired of debating whether or not I'm wasting my time by being awake and not folding laundry so turn to face the wall and stare at that instead. I start to feel hungry.

I think I fell asleep around 6am, and got up at 7:30am. Yay for me.

You would think I would be up all night secretly plotting my next move with Cashew, how to fight back, what I'll do, what I'll say... but no. I was actually plotting against my beloved Apple! I'm going to go back to the Mac store and I don't care who's waiting at the Genius Bar! I am not waiting! I am going in without scheduling an appointment and they WILL fix my phone! Or at least test it this time and see what I'm talking about. And be nice to me. And tell me geek jokes that have me swooning in geek love. You know, like how it's supposed to be!

And then everything will be right again in the world.


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment