Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sweet Kitty

The Sweet Sour Ice Cream
by
My little guy

Today, as my six year old little boy and I drove home from Grandma Dee's house, he asked if we could play Sweet Kitty. Sweet Kitty is an imaginary Kitty that lives on his head all the time and is, of course, very sweet. She can change color and go to many lands.

I am the voice of Sweet Kitty.

With all the Lego's, Pokemon, Trash Pack toys he brings with him in the car it's been awhile since he's asked to play with Sweet Kitty and I thought, oh my, is he scared about something? Is he regressing or just reminiscing?

Today he gave Sweet Kitty a present. A magic crystal that is so tiny you can barely see it. Sweet Kitty can jump into the crystal and see the special castle that was built just for her.

This went on for awhile and then my heart sank when he told Sweet Kitty this.

"Sweet Kitty, I have to tell you the truth about some things. First, you aren't really six like me you're four. You were born out of my imagination. And Sweet Kitty, you can't stay with me forever. Sometime soon you will have to find a new little boy or girl."

That's when I realized he's getting ready to say goodbye to Sweet Kitty.

Another milestone. A new time.

My heart hurts.

I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment