Monday, April 9, 2012

Food For Thought

Shaboom sends us her update from Paris, France:

I hope everyone had a great Easter/Passover weekend filled with chocolate eggs, bunnies, family, good food, and fun. The French celebrate Easter much in the same fashion as you do in America. They also have (surprise!) a special cake for the occasion. Read about that HERE

Last year, Cashew and I celebrated Easter with a bunch of Expats in Paris and I don't remember much beyond the fact that there was way too much champagne served at a point way too early on in the day. Those Expat friends got together again this year but I rsvp'd no. Cashew and I broke up a few months ago and I didn't want to be reminded of him and yet another failed relationship all weekend long.

But much to my surprised, Cashew made an impromptu appearance on Good Friday. He hopped a flight from Chicago to Paris and came a knocking on my dog house door with roses and a chocolate croissant. "Please talk to me. Let me fix this. I can't bear to lose you." Oh, yeah... I guess I should tell you that I went completely MIA since January and have refused all contact with him. Drove the poor man insane.

We spent the weekend together walking around Paris and eating some mouth-watering food in some of my favorite restaurants.

We went to JaJa in the Marais...


Truffle Risotto Appetizer

Pumpkin Canneloni


Seared Fois Gras Appetizer

Utah Beach Oysters

Langoustine Salad

We went to Atelier Maitre Albert de Guy Savoy in the Latin Quarter...


cute placemat


Cream of Artichoke Soup with Mushroom Biscuits


Shrimp Salad


a delicious fish the french call BARBUE


the peas and rice that came with the fish


a wonderful red wine from bordeaux


chocolate mousse (Cashew's favorite dessert)


goat cheese with sour cherry marmalade


the menu

We went to Le Comptoir in Saint Germain des Pres...






Cream of Artichoke Soup with tapioca and fois gras


Pot de Paté de la maison


Seared Tuna


Stuffed Cabbage (I swear that is what it was called on the menu)


Rhubarb panna cotta


Café Crème


the menu

We also went to Café le Baron, Corso and Mariage Frères.

It was a delicious weekend on all accounts.






















Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I'm drooling. It all looks so fantastic!!! Love the photos of you:)

    Miss you.
    xoxo
    Karen

    ReplyDelete