Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 14 from Burbank: The Weigh In. Week 2



French Skinny Experiment
Weigh In
Week 2

Week 1 = Lost 3 pounds
Week 2 = Lost 7 pounds
---------------------------
Total: Lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks


I know I'm supposed to be full of joy and happiness with my little Putain of a scale, but frankly I'm scratching my head in confusion. I have Hubby weigh himself 3 times. I weigh my 3 year old 3 times. I weigh myself 3 times. Yep. 10 pounds in 2 weeks. But........

I haven't been on a diet.

I have been eating BREAD!!!

I have been eating chocolate croissants!!!

I'm on a mindy bender. Since I can have whatever I want, I don't crave anything.

Every time I do a diet, there comes a point where I feel discouraged. I can do anything for a short period of time. But then I start to feel deprived. I don't feel that because I'm not on a diet. This is causing a strange sense of unease. I don't trust it. I don't really believe it. But I'll keep on doing what I'm doing because I'm committed to it.

I'm not eating processed food.

I am eating crepes. Savory and sweet.

I am eating chicken, beef, turkey and ham.

I am eating yogurt, granola and dark chocolate.

I am eating freshly baked bread and croissants.

I am eating fresh fruits and vegetables.

I am eating raw milk cheese. (I found some lovely raw milk gruyere cheese at Trader Joe's)



I am walking up and down (sometimes very slowly) 40 flights of stairs a day.

I am walking 2 to 4 miles a day.

I am walking 1 BIG 6 to 8 mile trek a week.

Freakin Bon Appetit




5 comments:

  1. WOW! I'll have what you're having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are implying that I should move back into the six floor walk-up I resided at in 2004... you're probably right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm telling you. I refuse to diet. I exercise and eat in moderation and it works. I thought you were lookin pretty freakin smokin last week....can't wait to see you at the next pot luck. Wear those red heels I like would you?

    ReplyDelete