Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 90 - The Walk.



4 and I went on a French Skinny walk today.


"Mama are you sad?"
"Not really Boo Boo."


"But you look sad."
"I'm....... remembering how your Grandpa Woody used to love to paint clouds."

"You mean Papa?"

"Well, you've never met him but that's what you call him when you see his picture, yes. He went to heaven 1 year and 2 months before you were born. I wish you could have known him. He would have gotten such a kick out of you."



"It's okay Mama, don't be sad.
He said he's happy now."


6 comments:

  1. Awwwwwe...he probably did! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the tears won't stop coming......

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry!! I have a Grandpa named Woody who died a couple of months before I was born. It's a little different situation because he knew I was coming. But my mom always tells me how much he would have gotten a kick out of me. It's strange, I feel closer to him than any of my grandparents that I got to know. And instead of paintings of clouds, we have photos of them that he took. Strange world. I'm working my way through your blog from the beginning to the present, and starting the French Skinny Experiment myself. I'm only a few days in, but I'm already happier than I have been in a while. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Linnea, I hope my little boy feels the same way about his Grandpa Woody. Thank you so much for sharing that.
    I can't wait to hear about your success with The French Skinny!
    Yay.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete