Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weigh In Week 12 - The Plateau And Dr. Seuss

Karen sends her updates from Burbank, CA


0 pounds lost this week
Goal: Lose 35 pounds in 6 months the French Skinny Way.
Total lost so far: 14 pounds

When I started this little experiment I was afraid of the plateaus. I had a feeling it would happen and this is the first one. I lost a good deal of weight in the very beginning by eating foods with no preservatives like freshly baked bread, fruits, vegetables and making my own crepes. I eat pretty clean (except for the crazy chips and salsa fiasco a few weeks ago).
I don't ever want to be on a diet again.

Perusing Shaboom's menues I decide to have potatoes, eggs with cheese, green onions,juicy watermelon, and a little Dr. Seuss.

There was a big salad for lunch.
Crepes with ham and gruyere for dinner.

40 flights of stairs.
2 mile walk.

As I drift off to sleep this night I remember the encouraging words I read today.

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!"
-Dr. Suess.

And he should know.


No comments:

Post a Comment