Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Kind Of Airport Food


Today, I unexpectedly found myself at The Santa Monica Airport. It's a tiny little place that has mostly private planes.

What was I doing there you might ask?

1. Did that pile of laundry finally put me over the edge?
2. Did I charter a private jet to the Bahamas?
3. Did I go in search of the perfect Cobb Salad?

Strangely, none of the above. My friend works close by and we had lunch at The Spit Fire Grill.

It's family friendly and you can sit inside or outside. The food has names like Frequent Flyer, Howard Hughes, and The B52 Bomber Burger.

I had the Chef's Special Salad which included blackened chicken, avocado, feta cheese, tomatoes and tortilla strips. It was giant and I couldn't eat it all.



And now, back to laundry.

Bon Voyage

2 comments:

  1. ooh, we have a place just like this on the second floor of our municipal airport...in fact I'm sitting right across from it now. It's really fun to sit outside on the balcony and watch the planes and helicopters taking off and landing.

    ReplyDelete