Thursday, October 21, 2010

Karen - Day 103 - Not Thinking About It



Just a little recap.

Shaboom: In Southern California, working for a CRAZY person 24/7. She's taking the classy road and not talking about it at all. Instead she's posting beautiful pictures of Paris for the next few days.


I'm on Day 5 of my New, New Plan. Walking 8 miles a day and going up and down 80 flights of stairs. Yesterday's beach day with Hubby and 4 has reinvigorated me.
I have to say that this feels like a job now.
Doing this much exercise takes a lot of time. And believe me when I say I have stopped trying to get motivated. I just grab my ipod and head out the door. For the next week or so Hubby's off work so he's hanging out with 4. I really have no idea how I'm going to incorporate this into my life when he's gone. But I'm not worrying about that now, just sticking to the New, New Plan.

My 8 miles included a trip to Starbucks for a latte. Then a stop at a bakery for a croissant. It's so early I feel a little like a freak. Not thinking about it. This is not really what I had in mind when I started this. Not thinking about it. The laundry needs to be done. Not thinking about it. I wonder what the guys are doing? Not thinking about it.

Lunch was fresh baguette with cheese.


Hubby and 4 had gone to the store and brought home goodies.


That night Hubby made dinner. There's cheese on top and inside the grilled burger. He used some baguette for a bun.

I ATE IT ALL.


It will be interesting to see what happens at the end of this week.
I don't feel any thinner. Just tired, hungry and grumpy. Not thinking about it......

Much.

Bon Appétit.


11 comments:

  1. OH KAREN....hang in there!! you know i look at the pictures that have been posted here and i think you look perfect...seriously i wished i looked that good! but i know i am not in your skin....just hang in there....i am sure your many fans are CHEERING you every day as we check in. bon chance....bon courage!g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you yesterday and all of your walking...you know, with all those insane stairs you do, you've probably built some good muscle tone...and muscle weighs more than fat...Sooooo...you may not lose lbs, but I've bet you've lost inches. AND, you look fabulous already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't know how you are finding the time for 8 miles a day! I can't wait to see if you get better results. I would just get hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 miles a day?
    I'm not going to think about that either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any hubby that buys and makes dinner is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8 miles and 80 flights! Your gluts and calves must be made of steel. You're amazing, simply amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 80 flights is a ton! You're hardcore! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went up 6 flights of stairs and almost died this afternoon. Of course I thought of you...I have to say, you're a badass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. everytime I come over here, I'm hungry. I will eat a large meal prior to my visit from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm not thinking about that cheese! I'm not!

    ReplyDelete