Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Zoo and Secrets

Karen sends her posts from Burbank, CA


A happy croissant to start the morning.
Then it was off to the zoo with Hubby and 4.


Every time we come here I have a new "favorite" animal. Today it is the Snow Leopard.


Until we get to these guys. I could watch them for hours.
The guys had zoo food for lunch and I brought a yogurt with honey. I may have swiped a fry from Hubby's lunch.



Dinner includes artichokes. More and more and more artichokes. I'm planning on going to the Artichoke Festival next year. Oops! I forgot to tell Hubby about "our" plans for next year.

"Honey? I want us to go to The Artichoke Festival next year."
"Where is it?"
"Northern California."
"That's a long way to go for a plant."

Has he ever met me?

-------------------------------------------------------------

That was going to be the end of my post for this day.
But I wanted to share this with you.
I don't know who she is.
I don't know anything about her.
But I think she is brave and smart and I relate.



I just want to hug her.

3 comments:

  1. ME TOO...hug her and tell her it will be alright...and i too can relate to her "secrets". we all have them and some are more powerful scarey frightful and ugly than others, some fade with time, some grow more powerful. her hands look SO young and they move so gracefully. i will keep in thought..as always -thanks for sharing this with us.g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being young is difficult and scary and exciting and bewildering.
    Or so I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh.

    I just want to tell her to stop pushing people away, because it's easy to do it now when she's young.

    When she's older no one will have the time, compassion or obligation to stick around. And then what?

    Youth is a luxury often squandered.

    ReplyDelete