Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Waiting

Photo by Karen at French Skinny

"Waiting"

Some days are like that. Waiting for things to happen. Or for the day to be over. Doing the math until bedtime. The surprises aren't giant things like a car with a bow on it in the driveway. It's a look or phrase from my kid, a gentle word from my friend at the market or Hubby moving the cars around so I don't have to in the morning.

Day 131 of The French Skinny Experiment:
Coffee with cream for breakfast.

A half an apple for a snack.

Orange juice and half a ham and cheese croissant for lunch.

Farfalla pasta with broccoli and corn in a little olive oil and butter sauce. Parmesan sprinkled on top. (Everybody over here loves this so I make enough for the next day. Hubby usually has the rest for breakfast.)

As I get used to eating French Skinny portions, I'm finding that everyone else is too. Hubby no longer looks at me with raised eyebrows when I eat my pasta out of a ramekin. I don't linger too long like the French do at the table but I'm working on it. And I'm enjoying my food more than ever.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year (a little late). I am going to go and buy a set of ramekins...I just cannot seem to stop eating. I don't know what my issue is. It's making me CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favorite, absolute favorite, photo...can i have one to frame?

    ReplyDelete