Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lazy Days And Lemons

Lemons and Oranges
Photo by Karen at French Skinny

Day 170 from Burbank: My backyard bounty. I wish I could take credit for any of this but they grow in spite of me. I did not get my mom's green thumb.

As I cut into this fresh orange, I begin to imagine all the wonderful things I could make. Lemon cake? Lemon bars? Lemon poppyseed cake! Orange marmalade? Cranberry orange bread? Duck l'orange!.......... Yeah, that sounds like a lot of work. I'll just keep sipping my lemon water and daydreaming.

It was a very lazy and citrusy day. For dinner I made some pasta. The sauce was some I had made from my mom's tomatoes and frozen for later. Apparently it's later.

I'm feeling kind of sad about the end of the FSE. Hubby doesn't seem to notice. I give him my best French pout but still he doesn't notice. I sigh very loudly. Finally he says "Are you okay?" I sigh again and say "I guess." He gets up to leave the table,"Oh good, you were looking kind of funny for a minute. I'm going to watch golf."

Clearly I need to practice my French allure.


6 comments:

  1. Men are so sensitive and helpful. NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't have to end...

    French Skinny: The Next Generation
    French Skinny 2: Skinnier
    French Skinny Part Deux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, you're on!

    Sarcastic Bastard, you are funny:)

    Allison, I love you.

    True Blessings, I don't think I'm going to do that but I have something else in mind for later!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. French Skinny - Pre?
    or would it be PREAUX?

    ReplyDelete