Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Everyone Needs An Elf

Karen - Day 129 - Burbank, CA

Photo by Karen at French Skinny
My Elf

That's my Elf. She's on my Momma's Christmas tree and has been around since before I was born but she's my Elf nonetheless. Every year Tammy and I help Mom decorate her tree. 4 helped this year too. When I unwrapped my Elf and saw her smiling little face I had the strangest feeling. As if she has been hiding clues for me all year. I'm pretty sure she's in cahoots with the gnomes.

Breakfast: Black Coffee and a half a croissant.

Lunch: Half a bowl of my French Onion Soup. Bubbly water.

A Diet Coke. (I know this is not what Shaboom would say is included in The French Skinny but everything in moderation is how I'm rationalizing it.)

Dinner: French Skinny portions of Roasted Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and a roll.

A scoop of Chocolate ice cream before bedtime.

.
I am now eating about one fourth to one eighth the amount of food I was starting out. I have reset my "normal portions" to French Skinny portions and am enjoying what I'm eating more because I'm paying attention to it. The first few bites are where the flavor is.
EVERY single time I would ramp up to lose weight I had an end goal in sight. Then if I was very good, I could go off of it and treat myself with real food. There is no end goal anymore. I'm not denying myself anything. I'm living my life, eating the food I want, enjoying it more than ever and being physical because it's enjoyable, not to lose weight.

"Everyone needs an Elf."


1 comment:

  1. "EVERY single time I would ramp up to lose weight I had an end goal in sight. Then if I was very good, I could go off of it and treat myself with real food. There is no end goal anymore. I'm not denying myself anything. I'm living my life, eating the food I want, enjoying it more than ever and being physical because it's enjoyable, not to lose weight."

    YES YES YES! You've hit the nail on the head, darling. These words should be engraved in a commemorative plaque, or something.

    ReplyDelete