Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Same Old Me.

Karen - Day 127 - Burbank

Photo by Karen at French Skinny

The Same Old Me.

Okay, so my tummy has gotten used to French Skinny portions. I understand that I taste for flavor for about 3 or 4 bites. Now I have to deal with everyone else. When I eat French Skinny portions it makes other people uncomfortable. Even Hubby, who from time to time, would put me on a super secret diet that was reminiscent of a 1950's five and dime store. He never said anything but all of a sudden there was cottage cheese, pineapple rings and a Salisbury steak for dinner. Now he's watching me like a hawk and I'm getting comments from so many people I feel like I'm on a diet again. Then I change one thing. I simply say "Oh, I'm so full." Instead of ordering something little, I order whatever I want, eat my French Skinny portion and take the rest home. This seems to calm everyone down.

"It's still the same old me. I'm just not that hungry. "

8 comments:

  1. k- whenever you change your dance steps everyone in the dance must change theirs and thereby change =uneasines/neverousness and all sorts of related feelings... soon the new will become the norm. ROCK ON GIRL....admiration and respect(coupled with fear and sadness that the end is near)coming all the way from the right coast...you are really an INSPIRATION!! WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN! a war hard fought to say the least...keep on keeping on-g

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right G! It's so good to hear from you. I too am already sad that the end is near. Maybe I should go shoot some more gnomes and come up with another plan!

    xoxo
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend and I used to do that 50's diet, almost purely motivated by nostalgia - we called it "Aunt Mavis's diet." Always lasted about 2.5 days. At least there was no aspic involved.

    What do you do about family dinners? For myself I feel very comfortable nibbling small bites for lunch and dinner but I want to sit down and eat the same things as my kids at night; otherwise I get the same "I'm different" feeling as I did when I was protien-shaking it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First dog I've seen that actually looks happy to be wearing reindeer antlers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thecommonsensualist you are hilarious. Aspic = ick.

    I'm still working on the family dinner thing. For now I put the old size portions on my plate and just eat about 1/4 of it. That way it looks like the same thing. But I have to pay attention to not "mindlessly eat".

    ReplyDelete
  6. April! You are the animal expert, so glad you think it's mildly okay:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo! Happy holidays to you. I'm still out here, reading away. You are doing so great. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete