Sunday, December 19, 2010

Joyeux Dimanche - Magical

Karen - Burbank, CA

Miracle On 34th Street



Ever since I was a little girl I have loved this movie. I think I started loving it because my sister, Tammy, loves it so much. She knows every word of dialogue and now, so do I.

This year, I sat down with my 4 year old and we watched it together. He asked a lot of questions and has come to the conclusion that Santa is real and the Santas in the store are pretend. But it's a good idea to talk to the Santas in the store because they can tell the real Santa what you want for Christmas. At the end of the movie he looked up at me and said, "You're crying in a good way right Momma?"

Tammy doesn't know that through the years this movie has helped me in so many ways. Quotes that would swim around my head when life got a little tough. Here's just one.

Fred Gailey: "Look Doris, someday you're going to find that your way of facing this realistic world just doesn't work. And when you do, don't overlook those lovely intangibles. You'll discover those are the only things in life that are worthwhile."



"Magical"




3 comments:

  1. For me, there is no Christmas season without Holiday Inn.

    And don't colorize my classics please!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. k-this is my favorite too!!!!watched it last night with my sister....cryed in a good way ALWAYS...especially when santa sings in dutch to the little girl and susan is watching....LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! another one i really love is the george c. scott "christmas carol" very authentic to the written word and the sets/settings are just great. yet once again, thank you for sharing a piece of yourself with us...especially in this season . stay well and"...I believe..." crazy but i still do-g

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this film as well. So magical, as you say. Happy holidays :) Paris in Pink

    ReplyDelete