Friday, February 10, 2012

Vivaldi's Four Seasons

Shaboom sends us her update from Paris, France :

The city of Paris is said to be home to thousands of churches, the oldest of which is l'Église Saint Germain-des-Prés built back in the 6th century. This church is located just a short walk from the river on the Rive Gauche in the heart of Saint Germain's swank shops and cafés.



The churches of Paris also frequently serve as venues for classical concerts featuring pianists, string quartets and opera singers.

Tonight I have a date at the above mentioned church to listen to Orchestre Paris Classik play Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Pachelbel's Canon, Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, and more.

Mr. 54 Martinis, let's call him, has been trying to get my attention since last Easter. I keep blowing him off although in the last 9 months I've seen him a total of 3 times and each time I'm annoyed and leave super blasé.

Why are dudes so psychologically backwards? If he meets a nice girl who's friendly and flirty, he's repulsed and rejects her (not helping her self-esteem at all,) but if she's not interested and is all but a bitch to him, he pursues her with the voracity of a starving wolf.

The last time I saw him, I so could not care less and showed up in a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers (I NEVER wear sneakers.) He showed up in a suit and tie. Yeah, so that happened... and he didn't even seem to notice.

Tonight, I assume I'll dress appropriately for the venue but I'm irritated because I don't want him to think I'm dressing to impress him.

Ah... my life is so troubling, I know.


**images borrowed from the internets**

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Ah Shaboom, your life is so tre intriguing. Have fun and let us know what happens with 54 martinis!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete