Thursday, June 30, 2011

Grandma's Birthday

Shaboom sends us her update from Paris, France:

We had a wonderful celebration from my grandma. First there was a reception at my aunt and uncle's house where we put out a spread of caviar, salmon, cheese and other hors d'œuvres.


Both sweet and dry champagne that I brought over from France, ooolala. (Champagne costs about eleventeen thousand gajillion dollars a bottle in Norway, so I was a very popular guest.)


Then we went to a fancy hotel restaurant at the top of the mountain with an amazing view (that I was too cold in my tiny dress and heels to go out and appreciate.)

An amazing broccoli and asparagus purée with caramelized onions and scallops for the appetizer...


Deer meat and potatoes that were an amazing main course...


Don't get me started on the dessert!!


Panna cotta


The sun started getting low in the sky around 10:30pm...



We had a late, light dinner of homemade tomato soup with cheese.


Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Looks delish. Enjoy the cool weather. Here in Dallas it has been getting to 100 daily.

    ReplyDelete