Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Camp - Day 3



"Hey Buddy, do you want me to pack some of that yummy pasta we had last night for lunch?"

"No thanks. I would probably eat it all up and then burp and that would irritate GiGi."

"I see."

"Yeah, we're getting married today. I'm probably going to kiss her on the cheek when she's not looking."

"You're getting married today?"

"Yeah Mom, I'm 5."

-----------------------------------------

I made this pasta sauce with what I had in the fridge and pantry. It was delicious and really fast.
Hubby just had some for breakfast.

Pasta In A White Cream Sauce Recipe
  • Put water on to boil for the pasta.
Cream Sauce
  • In a saucepan at medium heat melt a whole stick of unsalted butter.
  • Add a cup and a half of half and half.
  • about 2 teaspoons of flour.
  • 1/4 of a cup of white onion.
  • Garlic Salt (I would have added crushed garlic but someone 'Hubby' used it and didn't tell me.)
  • 1 Teaspoon of Herbs De Provence.
Stir and watch so it doesn't burn.

Drain pasta, put it back in the pot, add sauce. Top with lots of fresh parmesan cheese, fresh herbs if you have them and some cracked pepper.



Calee, you told me this would happen!

7 comments:

  1. Doesn't mean we have to like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also- that's exactly what I wanted for dinner last night, but we got Thai. Now that I know how to make it, I'm already planning for this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly!
    Let me know how it turns out:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh mother effer! I didn't read the part about half and half :( Maybe milk will work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keri, I'm sure milk will work just fine. The flour will thicken it. Let me know how it goes!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture and recipe are making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete