Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reflection

Photo by Karen at French Skinny
"Reflection"

While cleaning up this morning I found a forgotten hair scrunchie. Now if you have just arrived at The French Skinny Experiment, you probably don't know that Shaboom has tried to de-scrunchify me from the start. While Shaboom was here for a visit, I handed over my box of scrunchies to her as a sort of "leap of faith".
So here I was, vacuum in hand, looking at my kid's "secret stash" hiding place. There were 3 candy wrappers, a batman, 5 trio blocks, 2 J.D. Salinger books and.....a scrunchie. What to do?
I decided to keep the lone scrunchie, popped it in my hair and finished the job.
That night, scrunchie and I took a long bath and read "Franny and Zooey". We are all old friends. And although I'm not going to buy anymore I will take care of my one and only scrunchie and my J.D. Salenger books until the end.

One fourth of a chocolate croissant and coffee for breakfast.

One small apple for a snack.

Four pieces of Salmon sashimi for lunch with green tea.

Lemon/ Herbs De Provence Chicken and roasted red potatoes for dinner.


"I feel so funny. I think I'm going crazy. Maybe I'm already crazy."
-J.D. Salinger, Franny and Zooey





2 comments:

  1. You're not crazy... but that scrunchie is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shaboom, I'm on it. K, I will be delivering a delicious casserole dish filled with homemade mac and cheese to your door soon. It will be hot and gooey when I get there. You will be unable to resist, and while you are eating, I will find that scrunchie and relieve you of it's hideousness. I am doing this as your friend... Someone has to intervene while Shaboom is worlds away!

    ReplyDelete