Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Shaboom writes to us from Paris, France...

Either you hate or love Valentine's Day - or you ignore it all together. I heard today something about singles drinking champagne and then smashing their glasses here under the Eiffel Tower. Could that be true? I couldn't find anything about it in a quick google search.

I used to love all holidays, including this one. I'm not sure where I stand anymore ...the jury is still out. But if I was to get into the swing of things and get festive, here are some cute places to get a little inspiration.

POPPYTALK

MY MORNING CHOCOLATE

BELLA DIA


2 comments:

  1. Shaboom, thanks for the link! Did you happen to see any shards of glass under the Eiffel Tower yesterday?

    I have never been a fan of Valentine's Day, so my husband and I didn't do anything special to celebrate. But in Baltmore, Maryland, where I live, some people downtown were handing out boxes of conversation hearts; later, a friend who sells newspapers near my apartment gave me a bag of Valetine's candy. These gestures made my day. I never realized the holiday was such a big deal in Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,

    I actually was at the Eiffel Tower yesterday but forgot to look for glass shards. Dumb dumb dumb.

    I wear a silver necklace often of a candy valentine's heart that says KISS ME so I guess I can't hate the holiday too much. Except, it always seems to turn into a disaster!

    ReplyDelete