Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Breakfast

Photo by Karen at French Skinny

"Breakfast"

Way back when Shaboom and I started this Experiment, she confessed that she's not really into traditional breakfast food. Her morning started out with pasta and chicken. Now that I am listening to what my body really wants, I'm finding that I too am not really into traditional breakfast food. Most of the time I'm not even hungry for breakfast. But this morning I was. But for what? Brown rice with an egg on top. I was as surprised as anyone.
I made the brown rice with vegetable broth and a bouillon cube instead of water and then at the very end put in a few tablespoons of unsalted butter. Then I made an egg , threw it and a few chives on top and voila'

About 2 oz. of Dark Chocolate for a snack.

Dinner was herb roasted chicken with rosemary/garlic potatoes.


6 comments:

  1. Yummm... your brown rice - egg concoction looks tasty.

    I wanted to let you know that I lost 4.4 lbs during my first week on the FS. : )

    On Sunday, I had a minor setback because I just could not get brownies out of my head. I realized that my craving was just going to get worse, so I bought my favorite brownie mix to make. I indulged in some spoonfuls of batter, but here's the good part:

    ~ I took the time to savor each spoonful.
    ~ Although I ate more than a Frenchie would, I ate much less than I usually would. (siver lining!)
    ~ Craving has been fulfilled. Now I'm back to fresh, non-processed foods...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen @ our slo house that is fantastic!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!! Never, ever deny yourself. Everything you did was what The FS is all about. Have a brownie!

    Do you think this is something that could be your new lifestyle?
    Or is it too soon to tell?

    Thank you so much for letting us know!
    xoxo
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about this meal all day and could not imagine how I could survive on this food alone. Clearly you're still here, so it's possible, but I just can't imagine that being enough food to keep me satisfied.

    Having said this, the FS is totally reinventing how I eat. When serving myself, I automatically dish out half of what I normally would. I eat slowly, I savour the flavours. If I'm still starving, I'll have seconds, but it's never happened. Still, the total amount of food I'm eating is probably 1/3 more than yours and I can't figure out how to cut that back when I'm eating only when I'm hungry. Of course, I'm still going to the gym, as it's something I enjoy, so that might have something to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Locavore Family, this reminds me of when I was going through that long plateau. If we were in France, the normal portion size would be sooooo much smaller than here, that would be our normal.
    Let's pretend we're in France.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm always wearing black so i think mentally that i'm already in paris?

    ReplyDelete