Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Leek and Potato Soup -The First Attempt

Photo by Karen at French Skinny

"Ingredients"

Apparently, the French are "Leek Crazy"! (It probably sounds sexier in French.)
When I'm shopping, I tend to pass right by the leeks. That won't happen anymore.

For my first attempt, I go online and find Alton Brown's Leek and Potato Soup Recipe. I gather all the ingredients and quickly make up a batch of this delicious elixir.

I give Hubby and 4 some. Hubby wants more. 4 wants more. I want more.
I want to eat this everyday and put it on everything.

Now I'm stumped because I usually like to follow a recipe and then figure out how to make it better. I honestly can't think of a thing. They should give Alton Brown his own show. Oh wait....

At some point I'm going to add brown rice to the soup and see how that tastes. I'm afraid this might cause an international kurfuffle from Shaboom's French friends. Good thing I live here.

I'm now officially "Leek Crazy!" Eww that still sounds gross. I won't say that anymore, I promise.

"Enjoy!"

7 comments:

  1. leek and potato soup is amazing! it's my kids' favorite. especially with some swiss cheese grated into it, mmm.

    and alton brown's recipes are always foolproof! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shaboomy!

    thecommonsensualist, I remember you had a whole video of Mr. Brown on your post one day. I'm definitely trying the swiss cheese tip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds yummy. I'll have to add the ingredients to my grocery list.

    The other day, I stumbled on a recipe for Potato Leek Pizza. It sounds really good to me, but my husband said it sounds gross. That's the only reason I haven't made it yet. I think I'm going to ignore him and make it anyway. (But maybe I'll do the soup, first.)

    Here is the pizza recipe.

    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/2009/11/recipe_6.php#

    ReplyDelete
  4. karen @ our slow house I just took a look at The Pioneer Woman's Potato Leek Pizza. It looks delicious! Goat cheese and bacon. Yummy.

    I say make it for your Hubby but don't tell him what's in it until the end.

    I find that when I make bacon everyone in the whole house comes a runnin!

    Thanks for the link.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I must purchase leeks and make this soup - SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Shaboom, your photo is awesome. And mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete