Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weigh In Week 22- Yes!

Goal: Lose 35 pounds the French Skinny Way.
(In 6 months)
Lost: 3 pounds this week
Total lost so far: 29 pounds
"Breakfast. Yes!"
Photos by Karen at French Skinny

I tried on a green top Shaboom had given me and it was too big. Yes!

4 and I went to breakfast with Grandma Dee, Miss Jean and Miss Anna. They all told me I was getting skinny. Yes!

I had this delicious croissant and 2 pieces of bacon. When I was done I felt like I had eaten a 5 course meal.


Then we went back to Grandma Dee's house. I spent about 3 hours picking tomatoes and making pasta sauce for Grandma Dee to freeze for later.

Pasta Sauce
It's pretty basic.
Fresh tomatoes in a pot with olive oil. I let them cook down a bit then put in chopped onion, sliced garlic, dried oregano, fresh basil, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Get it to a boil, cover and simmer for an hour or so. Every batch is different so you have to taste, taste, taste.
This is the base. I have to keep it sweet for my kid. I like it spicy so I'll add red pepper flakes, red wine or balsamic vinegar for a little richer flavor.

Of course I had to taste a lot of the sauce to make sure it was good enough for my Momma. And if she happened to have some French bread to dip into the sauce who am I to say no?


Dinner
I ate 3 ribs and half the corn on the cob.
More for tomorrow.
And maybe the next day.




2 comments: