Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 39 From Burbank: Just one of my amazing friends.

Karen sends her posts from Burbank, CA, USA



I make the call to my friend Tish. The phone rings.

Tish: Bofaren!
Me: Tishy can you come over and watch 3? Please? I need to do stairs and I haven't been able to get out of Hubby's T-Shirt since he's been gone.
Tish: What time do you want me there?
Me: 4:00?
Tish: I'm there Darlin!

I mention this because, you see, she is an amazing friend. Yes, she has to run a company, be a rock star and change the world but she will be there when I need her. EVERY TIME. And if you need a kick ass Girl Guitar she's your gal. Not because she's my friend, but because they are the best.




Ummmmm. Excuse me Mister.



4 Appointments.



Baguette with tomato, basil, mozzarella for breakfast and lunch.

I did 100 flights of stairs.
Then somehow got Tish out of a parking ticket.
High five.


Apple and cheese for a snack.

3 was really good at the appointment so I asked him what he would like for dinner. He picked sushi. We went to Sushi Dan's on Ventura. 3 had miso soup, rice and tofu with broccoli and carrots.
I had miso soup, salmon sashimi and some of 3's tofu steak.

Went to sleep in Hubby's T-Shirt again. I thought I hated this T-Shirt but I have slept in it every night since he's been gone. Apparently I don't hate it. It's soft and perfect and smells like him. Is that pathetic? I don't know. I'm too tired to care.

Good Night.
And thank you God for my amazing friends.

6 comments:

  1. Love this post, but all my brain can focus on is "I did 100 flights of stairs"...that's a lot of f'n stairs Karen...your killing me. I'm still trying to get my brain and body on board with the thought of 40....40 stairs, not flights. Ok...my brain is now processing the baguette with tomato, basil and mozzarella...stairs are looking like a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That is a lot of stairs! But when I see stairs I imagine them to be a giant chocolate croissant. Also, I was really stressed out and needed to get it out of my system. Also, sometimes I'm a little bit of a maniac. I never really realized it before but since I've been doing this blog I have noticed (and my friends have gently pointed out) that I can get a little carried away with my goals.

    P.S. We determined one flight of stairs to be 18 steps. So 40 steps would be more than 2 flights!
    Go Zanymad! Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll watch three if you come and make those meals for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... so teary eyed right now... you're the best Bofaren :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not believe you did 100 flights of stairs. I would have died after 10. That's amazing, and Shaboom says your becoming a skinny minnie! The husband will be surprised when he gets back, you know they notice more when they don't see us for a few days!
    3 is in dangerous territory there, little boys, can never turn your back can you?

    ReplyDelete