Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 24 from Burbank: The Road To IKEA



Did you know Ikea has a very secure play area where you can drop your kids off to have fun while you shop? I've never tried it before but what a brilliant idea! I can see myself floating through the isles dancing and singing while I buy things with names like Flakig, Nackten and Baven.

3 and I set out in the strollermobile for our fun IKEA day. I thought there was a new French restaurant in town but when I got there it was actually a quaint little Russian place. We tried to meander in but my strollermobile was so big it knocked down various chatchkies, chairs and silverware in the vicinity. We ordered a ham and cheese sandwich to go. It was delicious, made with freshly baked bread. Everyone seemed a little too happy for us to be on our way.

We finally arrive at IKEA!
We go in and look at the play area.
So big and cute!
I start to fill out the form.

3: "Mom I don't think so."

Me: "What do you mean? It looks like so much fun! There are other kids!"

3: "But no parents."

Me: "Yes! How exciting for you!"

3: "Not today. Maybe another day."

I see my carefree dancing through the isle fantasy slowly fading away......

We trekked through the giant IKEA, stopping at the toy area. Frozen yogurt on the way out.

Later

My sister-in-law, Rosalie, is a very talented artist and high school art teacher. She was in charge of a very intense and interesting art show that night. All of the art was in the dark. Lots of black light. I love this shot with the Bob's Big Boy doll in the background.


Every single one of those high school kids is cooler than I ever was.
Not that I'm comparing.
Please!
What-Everrrr!


Salad for dinner.


7 comments:

  1. Your son has very good taste in play areas. I too would have backed out. Now if it were a play area in Saks. Different story

    ReplyDelete
  2. ikea play area rules! - if only my kids weren't too old or too cool to play in there anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. while I buy things with names like Flakig, Nackten and Baven...

    I believe these are Hollywood Baby names for 2011 (shhh, you heard it here first)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bernthis, I have much to learn. Make note: Saks.

    Tish: I hope I hit the sweet spot at some point. It's all so complicated. Help.

    Ann: Your genius makes me sane. That was a crazy confidentiality contract. You are hard core. P.S. I met a baby named Baven today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For 10 years, I thought the "ball room" at the Burbank Ikea was where they gave dance lessons. Not making that up.

    ReplyDelete