Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 58 from France:
Crazy Weather Forecast


Shaboom sends us her update from Paris Scandinavia and Germany...


I spent the morning at my parents' leisurely drinking lattes from their fancy espresso maker. I sat in the sunshine in a t-shirt on their terrace and looked around at this space that should be just mine which somehow feels empty without SwimSwim. He has been such a huge part of not only my life but of my family. Even though I made 5 trips "home" alone to each one of our trips here together, it seems so odd to be here without him... to eat with my parents without him... to sleep in my bed here without him...

This afternoon I drove to visit a girlfriend. We took a long walk through the northern part of the city to go get coffee. We sat and chatted for an hour or so about SwimSwim (she was eager to find out what had happened) before my mom called and told me the weather forecast called for snow in northern Germany and instead of leaving for Paris tomorrow that I should count on leaving tonight.

I came straight home and tried to nap before my big journey. Thoughts of SwimSwim dancing around my head, what I could have done differently, what I should have said, etc. did not let me sleep. So, giving up, I set off for my road-trip around 11pm.

I had to take a car ferry down to Germany. The sea air was very cold and windy.


My sweet mother packed me a picnic basket of goodies. I know it is a dark photo, but there is a banana, iced tea, coffee, water, chips, grapes, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, 500 grams of peanuts, a cola and pastries.


I finally fell asleep in the car on the ferry and was the lone car still on the boat when the next set of travelers wanted to get on. The ferry master had to come knock on my window to wake me up. Embarrassing!

4 comments:

  1. I just want to give you a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thanks zanymad. i could use a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs from me to. Just saw your email? Are you still in DK? We should hang out!

    Even more hugs,
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete