Thursday, July 1, 2010

Karen- Day 55- Coming out of the fog



On Day 55 of the French Skinny Experiment I came out of the fog.

Hubby takes us out for breakfast.
French toast, eggs and bacon.

I went up and down 40 flights of stairs and did a 2 mile walk to the store for groceries.

On my walk I call my friend Lisa aka Smacksy.
I've talked to her at least once a day for the past 20 years. So yeah, she kind of knows me a little. She's been my friend through bad relationships, bad jobs, the darkest days of my life, and the happiest days of my life. I've seen her give her last 20$ to a stranger on the street that needed it more. I've also seen her scare a large man who was trying to grab me by screaming obscenities at him. If it wasn't for Lisa I would never have attempted this blog. She's awesome, brilliant, talented and beautiful. But you can't hate her for it because she's too sweet. Unless you're messing with one of her friends or you deny her coffee.

This part of our conversation blows my mind.

Me: You know, as I write this blog, I'm starting to think that maybe Tish was a little right when she said I have control issues.

(I hear nothing but laughing from Lisa.)

Me: What? Why are you laughing?

(She doesn't stop laughing.)

Me: What?

(I haven't heard her laugh this hard in a long time.)

Lisa: Remember the birthday cake you made for 3 last year?


Me: I'm just a little enthusiastic.

Lisa: There were charts, graphs and a practice cake.

Me: That's just good planning.

Lisa: You read 52 books the year 3 was born.

Me: Well, I joined that 50 books a year club! It was a goal.

Lisa: You decided to run a half marathon last year, scheduled specific practice runs, and stuck to it even if that meant getting up before the sun came up.

Me: Well of course, you can't just run a half marathon without training properly.

Lisa: My friend, Wayne, did. He ran a full marathon without training one day.

(Pause)

Me: Well that's just crazy......Come on Lis, I'm totally easy breezy with a lot of enthusiasm.

(More laughing from her)

Me: I am a live and let live kind of gal.

Lisa: When people do things a different way than you would it drives you crazy.

Me: It does not! If they want to waste their time doing things the wrong way I say live and let live.

(More laughing from her)

Me: I don't think you know me well enough to answer this.

Lisa: Yeah I don't know you at all.

Me: Now I have to call Tish and apologize.

Lisa: Why?

Me: I thought she had gone off the deep end when she told me that I have control issues. I called her crazy and gave her an attitude.......I'm still not sure you're right about this but I'll think about it some more.


It feels good to get moving again.



Yogurt and honey for lunch

I mention my conversation to Hubby. He said "You are not controlling at all. You don't try to change people and you have never tried to make me do things." I smile smugly. Clearly I married the right man. Then Hubby re-vacuums the floor in the most organized garage you have ever seen and I vacuum the house for the second time that day because we have a very hairy dog.
Go Team!

Soup, baguette and butter for dinner.

Tish laughed as hard as Lisa did when I called to apologize.

Humble Pie for dessert.

4 comments:

  1. I was told this weekend that I'm a goody two shoes. I denied this right after I ran over to the pool club lifeguard to report our additional guest since I had RSVP'd only 4.

    I have no idea what she was talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team Karen!!!!! awwwww, Lisa, you look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously karen, i love you. i really really do.

    ReplyDelete